Health and Safety Officer
Cablenet Communication Systems PLC seeks to recruit a dynamic, high caliber individual for the following career opportunity based in Nicosia:
Health and Safety Officer (HSO0917)
- Compliance to local and industry related requirements to maintain a safe working environment
- Assist in the development of the Health and Safety Manual
- Develop appropriate procedures and controls in line with the ISO 45001 (OHSAS 18001)
- Manage the Health and Safety Risk Register and develop monthly reports with regards to Health and Safety Risks
- Develop and deliver Health and Safety induction training, awareness and organise outsourced training programs (such as First Aid at work training, climbing at heights training, correct use of hand operated machinery, correct use of mechanically operated machinery and confined spaces training)
- Conduct regular risk assessments for all departments
- Conduct internal inspections (Road Works etc) as well as audit checks
- Assist with the development training and implementation of Cablenet’s Emergency Evacuation Plan
- Assist with the development of the Business Continuity plan and disaster recovery.
- Attend MLSI Sponsored seminars
- Support the Quality and Assurance ISO 9001 with document control
- Support the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) project by gathering the required information and developing the environmental controls and reports required
- Hold the NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum (Any other qualifications will be considered as an advantage)
- Have at least 5 years of practical experience working as a Health and Safety Officer in a similar sized industry
- Have a strong knowledge of the ISO accreditation and experience in managing the ISO management system for Health and Safety
- Have the required hours of training to obtain the Labour Office approval for Health and Safety Representative.
- Hold a ‘Train the Trainers’ certificate as a minimum or similar qualification
- Excellent written and communication skills in both English and Greek languages
- Demonstrate the ability to work individually and as part of a team
All applications will be handled with complete confidentiality. Interested candidates may send their CVs by October 4th 2017 quoting the subject reference ‘HSO0917’.